Here is a delicious way to increase your intake of the B vitamins with your healthy snacks!
These raw energy balls are delicious, nutrient-packed and suitable for gluten free and vegan diets too.
Remember that Terranova capsules can be opened and added to foods like salads, smoothies, raw energy balls, cookies and more! Just be aware that cooking can destroy the B vitamins, so avoid cooking the contents of the capsules or adding them to very hot dishes.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup nuts/seeds (choose any combination of your choice)
- 1 cup dates (pitted – if dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain well)
- 3 tablespoons tahini (or any other nut butter of choice)
- 40g cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons of rice milk (or any other plant-based milk of your choice)
- 3-4 Terranova B-Complex with Vitamin C capsules (or any other Terranova Vitamin B capsule)To cover: desiccated coconut, pistachio or any other ground nuts
Place all ingredients in a food processor. You may need a little more liquid than this. Add some more milk slowly until the mix holds its shape. If you accidentally add too much milk, add a little more of the other dry ingredients to balance. Roll mixture into balls, coat them with coconut or nuts. Store them in an air-proof tin in the fridge. Enjoy!